These are the tasks accepted for IberLEF 2019. Please refer to their websites for further details.
- eHealth-KD 2019: eHealth Knowledge Discovery
- FACT: Factuality Analysis and Classification Task
- HAHA 2019: Humor Analysis based on Human Annotation
- IroSvA: Irony Detection in Spanish Variants
- MEDDOCAN (Medical Document Anonymization) task
- MEX-A3T: Authorship and aggressiveness analysis in Twitter: case study in Mexican Spanish
- Named Entity Recognition and Relation Extraction for Portuguese
- NEGES: Negation in Spanish
- TASS: Sentiment Analysis Task at SEPLN
Call for Task Proposals (passed)
Starting in 2019, the TASS and IberEval evaluation activities have joined forces and communities to set up the new evaluation forum IberLEF (Iberian Languages Evaluation Forum). The goal of IberLEF is to encourage the research community to organize competitive text processing and understanding tasks with the aim of defining new research challenges and setting new state-of-the-art results for the natural language processing community, involving at least one of the following Iberian languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Catalan, Basque and Galician. As in the case of TASS and IberEval, the IberLEF workshop will be co-located with the SEPLN Conference, which, in 2019, will be held in Bilbao (Spain).
Researchers and practitioners from all areas of Natural Language Processing and related communities are invited to submit proposals for evaluation tasks that involve text processing in at least one Iberian language.
Proposals must be submitted (as a pdf file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, and should include the following fields:
- Title of the task.
- Description of the task, highlighting:
- Relevance and novelty of the task, and challenges involved.
- Evaluation measures and other relevant methodological aspects.
- Expected target community.
- related evaluation activities, if any
- If the task has already been organized in previous years, briefly summarize the goals achieved in previous editions and the objectives established for the new edition.
- Linguistic resources to be gathered, created and/or reused.
- Schedule (note that camera ready versions of the proceedings must be ready by July 3, 2019).
- Organization committee: full name and affiliation of the organizers with a succinct description of their research interests, areas of expertise and experience organizing similar events.
- Funding, if available.
- Contact person.
- Any other relevant issues.
Note that organizers of accepted tasks are expected to:
- Setup the evaluation exercise according to the submitted proposal.
- Promote the task within the target research community.
- Gather (and check for quality) papers describing the submitted systems from their participants for their publication in IberLEF proceedings.
- Prepare and submit an overview of the evaluation exercise for the IberLEF proceedings.
- Attend (at least one organizer) the IberLEF 2019 workshop in Bilbao and present the results of the task.
Task selection procedure
Each submitted proposal will be reviewed by the IberLEF Program Committee, and decisions will be sent back to the task organisers by December 20, 2018.
IberLEF 2019 Proceedings including description of the tasks and participating systems will be published at CEUR-WS.org.
Task organizers are expected to send camera ready task and systems descriptions for their task to IberLEF organizers by July 3, 2019.
Task proposals due: December 16, 2018.
Notification of acceptance: January 7, 2018.
Camera ready submissions due: July 3, 2019.
IberLEF Workshop: September, 2019